Evolve > Mindfulness >10 Meditation Quotes by Famous Celebrities
Meditation is the practice of silencing the thoughts in your mind to achieve awareness and focus and bring your mind back to balance. Meditation has many benefits and it is easy to practice, even at home! It helps reduce stress and anxiety, control temper, boost immunity, increase focus, and improve sleep quality.
Celebrities, actors, sports stars require a high level of mental and physical balance in order to perform to their highest level and many of them meditate.
Here are some quotes by famous celebrities on meditation and its power.
1. “Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh.” – Hugh Jackman
2. “Meditation really helps create not only a sense of balance… but serenity and kind of a calm state of mind.” – Eva Mendes
3. “The mantra that you’re given in Transcendental Meditation you keep to yourself. The reason being, true happiness is not out there, true happiness lies within.” – David Lynch
4. “Like many of you, I was concerned about going into the world and doing something bigger than myself. Until someone smarter than myself made me realize that there is nothing bigger than myself.” – Jim Carrey
5. “I mean the whole thing about meditation and yoga is about connecting to the higher part of yourself, and then seeing that every living thing is connected in some way.” – Gillian Anderson
6. “It feels good. Kind of like when you have to shut your computer down, just sometimes when it goes crazy, you just shut it down and when you turn it on, it’s okay again. That’s what meditation is to me.” – Ellen DeGeneres
7. “At the end of the day, I can end up just totally wacky, because I’ve made mountains out of molehills. With meditation, I can keep them as molehills.” – Ringo Starr
8. “Meditation is a lifelong gift. It’s something you can call on at any time.” – Paul McCartney
9. “That way of being ‘still’ with ourselves – coming back to the center and recognizing that something is more important than you – it’s more important than the work you are doing, brings a kind of energy, an intention that we have never had before.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “Do you know how three days a year you get a good night’s sleep? And you wake up and feel like “Oh, this is how I should feel all the time!” But you can’t get more than 3 good night’s sleep per year because of the circumstances of your life. Well, with Transcendental Meditation you can have that every day.” – Jerry Seinfeld.
Meditation is a way of finding some time for yourself and practicing mindfulness while enjoying its benefits. The aim of meditation and mindfulness is to allow you to be a better and calmer person, while staying in the moment with everyday activities be it eating, walking or drinking chai!
Read more of our quotes on stress, meditation, mindfulness, sleep, anger and various other topics including quotes from TV shows and movies, in order to feel good!
Evolve has a range of guided audios which help make meditation light and joyful tailored around your everyday schedule. The Evolve app is now live globally on Android & Apple, click here to try for free!