Evolve > Mindfulness >15 Quotes on Meditation That Will Help You Relax
Meditation is great! It has several benefits for your body and mind, there are various ways to practice meditation and you can even do it at home! In fact, you can practice guided meditation and even meditate for specific goals and objectives. However, what’s best is that meditation gives you a chance to spend some time with yourself, uninterrupted and without any judgement. As a result, you connect with your mind and body at a whole new level, calming and relaxing yourself.
Here’s 15 quotes that will leave you feeling the need to meditate and connect with yourself all over again:
1. “Meditation is like a gym in which you develop the powerful mental muscles of calm and insight.” – Ajahn Brahm
2. “A single breath in and out is a meditation.” – Ekhart Tolle
3. “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
4. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hahn
5. “Your goal is not to battle with the mind, but to witness the mind.” – Swami Muktananda
6. “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
7. “So what is a good meditator? The one who meditates.” – Allan Lokos
8. “Meditation is not spacing-out or running away. In fact, it is being totally honest with ourselves.” – Kathleen McDonald
9.“The thing about meditation is: You become more and more you.” – David Lynch
10. “Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It is a quieting of the mind.” – Hugh Jackman
11. “Meditation is a vital practice to access conscious contact with your highest self.” – Wayne Dyer
12. “SEX! Now that I have your attention… Please try to meditate at least 15 minutes, every day. You know it’s good for you.” – Marcelo Alves
13. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
14. “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.” – Sharon Salzberg
15. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.”– William Burroughs
Meditation and its power
Meditation is a great way to connect with your inner self and it has the power to reduce anxiety, manage stress, beat anger, improve focus and help you fall asleep. Give meditation a try today and you will be a happier person. Read some more inspirational and motivating quotes to help overcome anger and feel good.
Evolve has a range of guided audios that make meditation light and refreshing, so you can practice it anytime, anywhere. The Evolve app is now live globally on Android & Apple, click here to try for free!