Visualisation meditation is one of the most effective meditation techniques.
So what is visualisation meditation? A powerful technique where you can visualise yourself in various surroundings or environments to engage your senses through imagery. By imagining a specific visualisation, you get a chance to stay in the moment, observe your mind and notice physical sensations. This is what makes it a unique and different type of meditation. These scenarios are designed to lower stress, improve focushttps://evolveinc.in/focus/6-ways-to-focus-when-distracted/, practice gratitude and help you sleep better!
There are various types of visualisation meditation exercises. Here are some that you can try to get started with visualisation meditation.
3 visualisation meditation exercises to try
- Visualisation meditation to lower stress and anxiety
- Visualisation meditation to sleep faster and better
- Visualisation meditation to practice gratitude and feel positive
Let’s learn more about these below.
Visualisation meditation to lower stress and anxiety
This is a simple visualisation meditation to help improve your mood and reduce stress and anxiety. Here’s what to do:
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes
- Imagine you are in your most favourite place in the world. It could be anywhere in the world that makes you happy, preferably someplace you’ve visited or familiar with well
- Imagine you are there right now, with your loved ones feeling safe and happy
- Picture it clearly and think of the happy memories associated with that place
- Notice how thinking about it and being back there makes you feel
- What thoughts and emotions are running through your mind?
- How is your body feeling and how is it responding to these memories?
- As you notice these things, feel the happiness and positivity surge through you
- Channel that positivity and happiness into the rest of your day
This visualisation meditation helps you think of a happy place, increases positivity and helps you relax. As a result, any stress or tension you may be feeling drops. This is a simple practice you do anytime, anywhere!
Evolve’s guided audio ‘just let go’ incorporates a similar visualisation meditation exercise that will help you reduce stress and feel balanced in under 5 minutes.
Visualisation meditation to sleep faster and better
This visualization meditation exercise incorporates mindfulness techniques and will help your body and mind relax. As a result, you can fall asleep faster and get better sleep. Here’s how to practice it:
- Take a quick look at your surroundings while lying flat on your bed
- Slowly close your eyes and breathe normally
- Start to picture the room you are in right now
- While keeping your eyes closed, look around and recreate what the room looks like
- Notice the cupboards, the colours on the wall and the position of the clock
- Keep scanning your surroundings slowly while noting everything in your room
- Once you’re satisfied, keep your eyes closed and you will soon drift into a sleep
This visualisation exercise helps you stay mindful, keeping your total attention in the present moment. As a result, you feel calm and balanced. It’s a great way to switch off your mind and body and the familiar presence helps you unwind as well!
Visualisation meditation to practice gratitude and stay positive
A simple visualisation that helps you practice gratitude! Gratitude is a great way to lower stress, add meditation to your day and become more aware of your thoughts and feelings. With this simple meditation, you can practice gratitude in 2 minutes!
- Start by getting comfortable, be it sitting or standing
- Think of someone you want to express gratitude towards. This person could be a friend, a loved one, a stranger you saw on the bus or someone you idolise
- Picture their face clearly and then think of a compliment you want to give them. It could be anything positive, a quality, a good deed or if you can’t think of anything, just a thank you for being there
- Imagine messaging them that compliment via your cell phone
- As the message delivers to them, visualise their face as they open your message
- See how happy that person is to see your message and receive a compliment from you. They are grateful and you have made their day
- How does their happiness and reaction make you feel? Does it make you happy and give you joy?
- Use that positive feeling and channel it into the rest of your day
Gratitude meditation is a proven type of meditation that helps you become a happier and healthier person. It starts by developing kindness and positivity towards yourself and others. This visualisation meditation is a great way to start practicing gratitude and making it an everyday habit!
Evolve’s audio ‘send a gift gratitude’ helps you practice mindfulness and express gratitude with a simple visualisation in 2 minutes!
Visualisation meditation is a simple meditation technique that can help you transform a negative situation into a positive one. Moreover, it can help you feel better, sleep better and improve focus and productivity too!
Evolve’s guided audios include a variety of visualisation meditation exercises to make your day joyful and balanced! The Evolve app is now live globally on Android & Apple, click here to try for free!